Food hygiene matters in this virus world. We have heard about many new virus varieties over the past four years. Have you ever wondered how it happens?
If you are a catering professional, you should ensure that the food you prepare for customers is safe. Also, it is your responsibility to ensure good food hygiene for all.
There are many benefits to practicing good food hygiene for your customers.
It prevents harmful microorganisms from contaminating food, avoids cross-contamination, enables businesses to comply with the law, and protects the company’s reputation.
Are you sure that your food is germ-free?
Why do we eat food?
To nourish our bodies and minds and for life’s sustainment, right?
But when the food is contaminated, you suffer illness and ultimately die.
As per the report of the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Every year, 600 million people fall ill after eating contaminated food.
- Around 420,000 deaths happen every year from the same problem.
- As a result of unsafe food conditions, there is a huge financial loss in productivity and medical expenses each year.
- Foodborne diseases have a detrimental effect on healthcare systems, national economies, tourism, and trade.
For those working in the hospitality sector, which includes hotels, restaurants, bars, catering, event planning, and travel and tourism, food safety is a top priority.
The inability to maintain food safety affects brand reputation and puts millions of customers’ lives in danger.
In order to prevent risks to the health of customers, costly product recalls, productivity losses, and low employee morale, it should be a priority risk that requires careful handling.
How relevant is food safety training nowadays?
Food safety can be guaranteed only by providing awareness to employees about security, compliance, policies, and procedures.
By doing so, you can ensure that your staff is well aware of how to uphold safety standards while providing customers with safe products.
Do you know how helpful food safety training is nowadays? This professional training program is equally beneficial for employees and supervisors and aims to create awareness about food safety and hygiene standards.
If you run a food service industry or are a part of it, then you are responsible for conducting this training regularly.
Also, it does not matter if you work in agriculture, food processing, packaging, storage, or supply.
After successful training, you gain considerable knowledge of food safety rules, regulations, and policies, such as:
- FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA)
The primary purpose of training is to maintain safety standards through quality control measures.
What is the HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering?
The HABC Level 2 award qualification is apt for catering professionals. This course aims to convey the idea that food safety is the responsibility of everyone, whether they are working in the storage, preparation, cooking service, or handling of food.
Don’t miss food safety training if you want to eat healthy food!
Let’s dive in to see what those benefits are:
- Educate employees on food safety procedures
- To prevent food loss, contamination, or waste, teach food handlers proper techniques.
- Stay healthy and avoid foodborne illnesses.
- Reduce foodborne illness and death rates
- Give restaurants the tools they need to maintain food safety
- Safeguard clients, staff, and the company
- lessen the likelihood of issuing public health warnings
- Maintain adherence to industry regulations.
- Ensure transparency in the food industry.
In the end, we have come to the conclusion that food hygiene is paramount in our busy day-to-day lives.
That is why every catering professional needs to attend food and safety training to serve hygienic food to their customers.
The HABC Level 2 Award in Food Safety is mandatory for all those working in the food industry. Recent food-borne illnesses stress the significance of food safety training. The results are extraordinary, and your business will attract more customers.
Don’t search anywhere for the best food safety training because you have reached the right spot and are already here.
Ensign Academy is a top institute that offers quality food and safety training for all aspiring catering professionals.
Earn the valuable HABC Level Two award in food safety in catering from the prestigious Ensign Academy.