ISO 14001 : 2015 EMS Lead Auditor Course (IRCA Approved)
ISO 14001 : 2015 EMS Lead Auditor Course (IRCA Approved) – Course Overview
The ISO 14001 EMS Lead Auditor Course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015, in accordance with the guidance given in the ISO 19011 for the first and second party audits as well as the requirements of the ISO 17021 for the third-party audits.
This course has been registered and certificated by the IRCA Governing Body and satisfies and formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under IRCA or either Auditor Certification Scheme.
Who should attend?
Anyone intending to perform audits of a environmental management system.
Note that, while this course is applicable to first, second, and third party audits, this course is taught from the third party (Certification Body) perspective.
An attendee can both start their journey down the third-party auditor route, and/or understand what third party auditors look for.
Some companies require the successful competition of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
- Principles and Concepts
- The PDCA cycle
- The relationship between environmental management and customer satisfaction
- HLS requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 14001;2015.
These prior knowledge requirements can be easily gained by attending our Foundation course in ISO 14001/Environmental Management Systems.
- Management systems – What and why, including the HLS.
- What is an audit and why are they necessary?
- Risk based thinking process.
- ISO 14001:2015 purpose and requirements from an auditing perspective.
- How to plan & conduct audits.
- Audit communication.
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up.
- Introduction to the course.
- ISO 14001:2015 Overview.
- Understand context of organization.
- ISO 14001:2015 Requirements.
- Auditing EMS policy and objectives.
- Audit checklist.
- Auditing EMS Aspects and Impacts.
- Audit management.
- Auditor’s competence requirements.
- Audit Top management.
- Auditor behaviour.
- Auditor Responsibilities For Preparing Audit.
- NCR reporting, Corrective Action and Audit report.
- Audit management.
- Planning for Stage 1 audit.
- Conducting stage 1 audit.
- Planning for Stage 2 audit.
- Opening meeting.
- Auditing role play – Conducting stage 2.
- NCR reporting, Corrective action and Audit report.
- Closing meeting.
- Corrective action review and Follow up action.
- Final Examination.